Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Letter A

Our first week of actual learning started with the letter A: airplanes, alligators, apples, and acorns. I won't walk you through what we did  step-by-step unless its not obvious. But I will give you links or printables to the activities that we did. If you need a refresher on how our day goes you can look here.

Here is the whole alphabet for what we use on Monday to trace and put on our learning board. I have the entire alphabet printed and stored on the back of my learning board.


Airplanes

We used this poem and this coloring page. We kept it very simple because we also went to the Aerospace Museum. I think B and A both enjoyed themselves.



Alligators 


I'm going to be 100% honest: I didn't actually do school with B for this day. But I will share with you what I was planning on using. We were going to sing "3 Little Monkeys"

(Three little monkeys swinging in a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator, 'You can't catch me, You can't catch me!'
Along comes Mr. Alligator, quiet as can be
And SNAPS that monkey right out of that tree.



Two little monkeys swinging in a tree...)


Then we were going to do this letter activity, and I was going to read B this book, but I was going to change the crocodile to an alligator and name her Abby instead of Coco.


Apples


We watched this video of Miss Yumi reading "Ten Apples Up on Top" because we don't own the book. We also had an apple snack. I wanted to do this craft but... it didn't happen. If you don't have mini paper plates, large ones will work, or you could just cut out a circle from a piece of cardstock (you won't get the cool texture, but it will work fine)


Acorns


Being honest again, we didn't have school this day either. (Gotta keep it real.) But we could have played this game and found a book at the library ("Acorns Everywhere" by Kevin Sherry, "One More Acorn" by Don Freeman, "The Acorn" by Edward Gibbs, there's a lot you can find). Then I was planning on going to my in-laws house and gathering some acorns from around their oak tree in the front yard.



*Note- You may want to buy a pack of multi colored cardstock or construction paper to keep in your preschool supplies. I have a stash of scrapbook paper that I use for a lot of our projects. It's nice to have on-hand for little art projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment